Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sheds, Shacks, and Tiny Houses


I'm a little late to the party with this; the advent of the tiny house and "shackitecture" fad (at least in its current form) was a few years ago, but it still seems to be around, and I'm always a little slow on the uptake.

My wife and I recently spent a night in a rather large cabin out in the woods, but it got us thinking about small, simple, retreat-style cabins, sheds, or shacks.

I've been casually scouting what's on the Interwebs, and found a few sites of interest:

I can't figure out the name of this site. It it might be We Heart Sheds, and it might be Reader Sheds. The site has a fractured and annoying interface, but skip through to the gallery of reader submissions.

Of course, there's the venerable Tiny House Blog.

And also check out Dinosaurs & Robots entries tagged shackitecture.