Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Now Read This

I'm currently reading the second volume of the set, American Fantastic Tales, ed. Peter Straub (Library of America, 2009) after my wife's hearty recommendation. I'm not far enough in to give a review or to list my favorites, but I already like everything I've read. The first volume goes from "Poe to the Pulps", and the volume I'm reading picks up in 1940 and ends with the present. I don't know if the first volume is as good, but it looks like people on the Interwebs like it. Especially good reading for chilly October nights as Halloween approaches. If you have a functioning fireplace, build yourself a fire, make a stiff drink, and settle in for some good readin' (if you don't have a fireplace, it's probably not a good idea to build a fire).