Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's About to Get All Local Up in Here

I did not start this blog with the intention of writing or posting much about San Diego, but this is where I live, so posts tagged "San Diego" do filter through occasionally (in fact, as of this writing, there are twenty-two).
But starting now-ish, I'd like to write more about San Diego. There probably won't be a noticeable change in content, but I will start sneaking more local stuff in, including more photos, reviews, and observations about life here.
It's a weird, frustrating, and wonderful place, and although it has taken me more than three years to really appreciate its nuances, I think I've finally arrived at a good enough relationship with this city to write something intelligent about living here.

Images: Top: Alcazar Garden, Balboa Park; Center: Under the Cabrillo Bridge near Hwy 163; Bottom: An abandoned house in the City Heights neighborhood.