Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is This a Bike Blog?

Okay, so I just changed the header image to a photo of me working on a bike, and the category with the most posts is bicycles, but is this a "bike blog"? It surprises me when I come across this blog on other bloggers' links under categories like bikes or bike blogs, but maybe it shouldn't. I do talk about bikes a lot, but I also post recipes, photos (not of bikes), essays, history-related things, and utter miscellany. In fact, my whole point in starting this blog was to have a space to write about all kinds of things, including but not limited to bikes. I suppose I should embrace the label, but I'm ambivalent about writing a "bike blog" again. I guess if you want to call it a bike blog, though, you can.

Image: Magritte, The Treachery of Images (1928-29)